Who needs Cupid’s arrow when you can have red velvet puppy chow? It’s that time again with Valentine’s Day approaching us to splurge with all of our favorite sweets and candies. This recipe is quick and easy for anyone who is cup-caked out or just wanting to try something new. With very little preparation needed, this red velvet puppy chow recipe is perfect for all Valentine’s Day festivities.
Red Velvet Puppy Chow:
- 5 C. Rice Chex cereal
- 3/4 C. white chocolate melts or chips
- 1/4 C. chocolate melts or chips
- 2 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 C. Red Velvet Cake mix
- 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- Valentines colored M&M’s or other candies
- Heart sprinkles for extra decoration
- Measure Rice Chex cereal into a large bowl.
- Put red velvet cake mix and powdered sugar into a large plastic bag or container with a lid.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave or on the stove top, stir until chocolate is smooth.
- Stir in cream cheese and milk. The chocolate will thicken.
- Pour chocolate in the large bowl of Rice Chex cereal and stir until covered.
- Empty cereal into the bag or container with powdered sugar and cake mix. Shake, until covered.
- Empty covered Chex onto a cookie sheet and let cool.
- Mix with Valentines colored M&M’s or other candies to be festive.
NOTE: Due to the cream cheese, keep refrigerated if contents will not be consumed in the same day.
Edited by Maggie Jones