[title_box title=”15 fun facts about Tennessee’s game against Kentucky”]
The Volunteers will head to Lexington, Kentucky to take on the Wildcats Saturday. This Halloween game will be broadcast at 7:30 p.m. ET on SEC Network. Here are 15 facts you need to know heading into the game:
1. The Vols are 77-24-9 all-time against Kentucky and Saturday’s game will be the 111th meeting between the teams.
2. The Volunteers have 12 all-time wins on Oct. 31.
3. Saturday’s game will mark the first time since 1944 that UT and UK are not playing in the month of November.
4. Tennessee’s 77 wins against Kentucky are its most against any opponent.
5. The Vols have won 29 out of the last 30 meetings with the Wildcats.
6. UT has scored 24 or more points in seven of the last eight meetings with UK.
7. Joshua Dobbs is 2-0 against Kentucky, including his first win as a quarterback in the 2013 season.
8. The Volunteers longest losing streak to the Wildcats is four games between 1909 and 1912.
9. UT’s 34-point win (50-16) in last year’s game marked the Vols’ largest margin of victory against UK since a 59-20 win in 2000.
10. Tennessee is 36-14-3 in Lexington.
11. The Volunteers are currently third in rushing yards per game in the SEC, averaging 209.1, with four games of 200-plus yards under their belt.
12. The Wildcats’ last win in the series came in 2011, when UK beat the Derek Dooley-led Vols. Before that, the ‘Cats had not won a game against the Vols since 1984.
13. The Vols’ largest loss to Kentucky came in 1893 with a final score of 56-0.
14. Tennessee currently leads the NCAA in kick-off return average at 36.9 yards per game.
15. Tennessee has held Kentucky under 20 points in each of their last five meetings.
Edited by Cody McClure