University of Tennessee Interim President Randy Boyd announced the finalists for the next UT Chancellor Wednesday afternoon in an email.
According to the email, the finalists for the position are:
- Donde Plowman, who currently serves as the Executive Vice Chancellor and Chief Academic Officer at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln. She has served in these positions since January 1, 2017.
- Brian Noland, who is the ninth and current president of East Tennessee State University. Noland has served in this role since 2012. Furthermore, he recently accepted a five-year contract in February at ETSU, which included a pay increase of nearly $60,000, according to WCYB in the tri-cities.
- William Tate, who serves as the Dean of Graduate School and Vice Provost for Graduate Education at Washington University in St. Louis. Additionally, Tate is the former president of the American Educational Research Association. He also has had research fellowships across the United States and internationally.
- Bill Hardgrave, who currently serves as the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs at Auburn University. He has served in this role since January 2018. Prior to this position, Hardgrave served as the dean for Auburn’s Harbart College of Business for seven years. Additionally, he has also had other leadership roles at the University of Arkansas.
In addition to meetings with campus leaders, the finalists will participate in public and student forums next week. Below is the schedule for the forums:
- Plowman – Public forum: Tuesday, April 16, 2:30-3:30 p.m. in the Student Union Auditorium; Student forum: Tuesday, April 16, 4:45-5:45 p.m. in Strong Hall, room 101.
- Noland – Public forum: Wednesday, April 17, 2:30-3:30 p.m. in the Student Union Auditorium; Student forum: Wednesday, April 17, 4:30-5:30 p.m. in the Student Union Auditorium.
- Tate – Public forum: Thursday, April 18, 9:45-10:45 a.m. in the Student Union Auditorium; Student forum: Thursday, April 18, 4:15-5:15 p.m. in Strong Hall, room 101.
- Hardgrave – Public forum: Thursday, April 18, 3-4 p.m. in Strong Hall Room 101; Student Forum: Thursday, April 18, 2:45-3:45 p.m. in the Student Union Auditorium.
The forums will be live-streamed and archived on the UT website.
Edited by Grace Goodacre and Ciera Noe
Featured image by Nima Kasarie, courtesy of Creative Commons