With the holidays just around the corner and fall finally among us, it is finally that time of the year! The time for crispy apple pies and other warm savory treats. This quick and easy recipe is definitely a must have for any holiday dessert table. Requiring hardly any time to make, this creamy apple dessert tastes delicious and gives no hassle, so you can spend your holidays with your family and not in the kitchen.
Creamy Apple Pie Bars:
Prep time: 30 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
• ¼ cup of butter
• 1 ½ cups of graham cracker crumbs
• 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
• 8 oz of cream cheese
• ¼ cup of lemon juice
• 1 (21 oz) can of apple pie filling
• ¼ cup of chopped walnuts
• ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Use a 1 ½ quart baking dish (10 x 6) and melt butter or margarine in the oven
3. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over melted butter and mix well
4. Press into the bottom of the dish to make a crust
5. Mix sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese and lemon juice in a bowl
6. Spread evenly over crust
7. Spoon pie filling evenly over creamy layer
8. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until set
9. Let cool slightly
Apple Pie Bar Topping:
1. In small dish, mix together nuts and cinnamon.
2. Sprinkle over pie filling
3. Serve warm or cold
Edited by Jessica Carr