Welcome to another installment of my beauty blog series. Last week I showed you how to do a fall eye which had a smudged out eyeliner. It is very 90’s inspired.
Today, I will be showing you some lip options to pair with the eye makeup. I’ve gone from lightest to darkest. It also corresponds with most wearable to something you’re least likely to wear.
Starting from upper middle to right.
1. Brown lipstick: The 90’s are coming back and it’s in full swing. This tend was revived thanks to Kylie Jenner sporting her nude lips. Most of us remember seeing this in ads, movies and TV shows. Here I am wearing Wet n Wild Coming in Latte. It can be found in Walgreens, however it is limited edition. So get it while you can!
2. Mauve: This is probably one of my favorite lipsticks. This is a gorgeous pink-mauve mix. It is great for those who want to start wearing lipsticks, but don’t want it to clash with their eye makeup. The shade on my lips is Wet n Wild Wine Room which is permanent.
3. Brighter Pinks: Fall time should not just be devoted to dark colors! You can still wear your brights! This is a lovely medium toned berry toned lip color. It can be great with the eye look I showed prior or just simply mascara on the eyes and nothing else.
4. Red: This is a classic color year round. However it especially makes it way around fall time. This red is not a bright and opaque red that you may see walking through campus sometimes. It is great for dates or nights out with friends and family. I feel like it balances out the eyes. This was a limited edition Tarte Lipsurgence Lipstain that was sold in a mini set last year for the holidays. You can find reds in the drugstore. Revlon makes a great one from their Just Bitten Kissable Balmstain in Romantic.
5. Plum/Vampy lip: This is my favorite lip color right now. It is very fall-esque. As with the red, I feel like this balances out the look. I also think a deep plum lip color works great for tan to deeper skintones. I think it’s a great shade, especially for October where the dark lips fall in line with the Halloween theme that surrounds this month. This is NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Plum.
There are my 5 picks for fall lip color options!
If you want the ability to try out several of these shades at once, right now would be the best time. Many companies are coming out with their holiday sets, such as Tarte, Too Faced, Smashbox, etc.
They typically will have mini sized lip options which is great if you don’t want to commit to the full size and would like to experiment. Check your local Ulta or Sephora, or the websites for a better look at the holiday lip options!
Thanks for reading, until next time.
Somayea is a junior at UT and an aspiring beauty blogger.
Edited by Jessica Carr